Alberta Provincial Nominee Program (AINP)
Alberta Opportunity Stream
The Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) allows you to apply for Canadian permanent residence if you are an international worker, currently employed in the province or have graduated from an approved institution of post-secondary institution in Alberta. You will need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for the stream
- You should have a valid legal status in Canada and should be authorized to work in Canada
- You should meet the graduation requirements from an Advanced Education approved credential that is issued by a public and private post-secondary institution approved by the Alberta Advanced Education.
- You should be in an occupation that is directly related to your field of study in Alberta.
- You will need to have a minimum CLB score of 4 or higher for English and/or French
- You should have completed at least Canadian high school diploma or similar and should get it verified through an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an organization that is recognized by the IRCC.
- If you are a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder, then you will need to satisfy the criteria for graduation from a post-secondary institution approved by Alberta Advanced Education. If you have been admitted to your post-secondary study on or after April 1st, 2019, then you must be AOS (Alberta Opportunity Stream) List of Post-Secondary Credentials approved by Alberta Advanced Education
- You will need to meet minimum experience criteria for your chosen field of occupation as applicable. Our expert consultant can guide you with the exact experience required for your particular case
Alberta Express Entry Stream
The Alberta PNP has its own Express Entry Stream which allows the province of Alberta to nominate a pre determined number of candidates from the Express Entry pool run by the federal government of Canada. The province aims to select candidates who are in a position to support the economic development of the province. If you are nominated for Alberta immigration through the Nomination program then you can get 600 additional CRS points, which effectively guarantees an Invitation to Apply in the next draw from the pool. In order to be eligible to be considered under this stream, you should
- Have an Express Entry profile that is currently active
- Should state your preference for Alberta immigration
- Should have scored at least 300 points on your Comprehensive Ranking score
- Should be employed in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development
Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
The Alberta PNP aims to attract farm owners/operators through its Self-Employed Farmer Stream. In order to apply through this program, you should intend to own and manage a farm in the province of Alberta. In order to be considered for Alberta immigration under this stream, you should have an intention to set up a farm in Alberta must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds as well as skills in farm management take up a farming operation in the province. You will have to satisfy the following criteria
- You should show documented proof of having an existing farm that you manage
- You should show proof of work experience, and education
- You should have a business plan proposal that describes the farming business that you plan to operate in the province of Alberta.
- You should furnish documented proof to show that a financial institution in Canadian is able and willing to finance your farming business operations in the province
- You should be able to prove that you have sufficient cash and/or assets to invest in a primary production farming business
a). You should be able to invest at least 500,000 CAD in the venture to be eligible for Alberta immigration through the Alberta PNP program
- You should be able to demonstrate with sufficient proof that you are serious about investing in a farming operation in the province of Alberta with documented intention in your business plan
- You should be available to attend an in-person interview with a representative from the Government of Alberta and who will determine your eligibility to be considered for the Alberta immigrant nominee program. To know more about immigration to Alberta contact our expert immigration consultants for Canada.
Q). How can I apply for the Alberta immigration program?
A). You will need to apply online through the Alberta provincial government portal for the AINP. You will need to complete a form and be assessed for a comprehensive assessment grid as an initial screening process. Our consultant will assist you with the process of application for Alberta immigrant Nominee Program
Q). What is the time taken to process application for Alberta PNP?
A). The time taken for the process will vary depending on the category or stream you are applying under as well as specific details of your personal profile. For a customized and detailed understanding of the procedure and time for your particular case get in touch with our expert immigration consultants
Q). Can my spouse work while in Alberta if selected through the Alberta PNP?
A). Yes, the spouse or common law partners of the primary applicant who is selected for Express Entry through the Alberta immigrant nominee program, will be allowed to work while living in Alberta if they have a PR in Canada. However if they are accompanying the primary applicant as a dependent then they must apply for a work permit separately to be able to seek occupation while in Canada.