British Columbia PNP
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
British Columbia Provincial Nominee program is a pathway to gain entry to one of the largest and most diverse provinces in Canada. The economy of the province focuses on its natural resources sector – forestry and mining and is viewed as one of the most beautiful and naturally rich provinces in the country. The British Columbia’s Provincial Nominee Program allows prospective immigrants to be nominated if they have the skills and qualifications that enable them to make a significant contribution to the economy of the province. The immigration is classified into the following categories
Skilled worker category – This category is intended for you if you have received an eligible and valid job offer in a skilled occupation and have had many years of experience in your area of occupation.
Healthcare Professional Category — this category will be applicable to you if you have had valid experience and a job offer as a physician, nurse or health care practitioner
International Graduate Category — This category is intended for you if you have graduated from an eligible university or college in Canada in the immediately preceding three years and have a valid job offer from an employer in the province.
International Post-Graduate Category — This category is applicable for you if you have received a post graduate or Doctoral degrees from an eligible institution of higher learning in natural, applied, or health sciences from the province. You do not need a valid job offer to qualify for this category.
Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category — To apply under this category you will need to work in an entry-level or semi-skilled position in food processing, tourism/hospitality, or long-haul trucking
Eligibility for British Columbia PNP – Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS)
The Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS), which was introduced in 2016 by the British Columbia government is a points-based system which gives you a score that determines whether or not you will be issued an invitation to apply. The score will be based on various factors including your age, education, work experience and offer of employment from a business in New Brunswick
Eligibility for British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program – Entrepreneur Immigration
If you are intending invest in a locally operated business in British Columbia or set up a new one, then you would be eligible to be nominated for permanent residence under this immigration stream of British Columbia immigration. The program has the following sub categories.
1. Entrepreneur Immigration Category — This category is intended for you if you are a senior manager in a business or own a business in the province of British Columbia and have the intention and wherewithal to invest a significant amount of funds for the purpose
2. BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration — Regional Pilot – This category is intended for you if you are an international business owner and are planning to start and operate a new business in one of the smaller communities in the province. To qualify, your business should be established in a community that has less than 75,000 people and should be located more than 30 km from a larger city. This pilot program which is for a duration of two years is intended to mitigate the demographic challenges faced by the community. If you are approved through the program, then you will be given a temporary work permit in order to establish and run your business in the province for an initial period of 12 months. After the initial period has passed and if you have been found to meet the requirements of the performance agreement then you will receive a provincial nomination to apply for Canada PR
Minimum Requirements to apply for British Columbia Immigration as an Entrepreneur
You will have to satisfy the following criteria to be eligible to apply under the entrepreneur stream
1. You will need to have a personal net worth of at least 600,000 CAD which must have been legally obtained and verifiable. It could be in the name of your spouse as well
2. You will need to have work experience or credential as an active business owner and manager in a business where you have had 100 percent ownership for three out of the last five years.
3. You will need to submit a business concept that shows an active and ongoing managerial role in the day-to-day operations of business
4. You will need to show with sufficient proof that your business model is capable of creating at least one new job
To know more about immigration to British Columbia, you can reach out to our Canada immigration expert.
Q). How do I apply for British Columbia immigration?
A). You can apply for immigration to British Columbia through the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program or BPNP. For more details about the program refer to the section above. For more customized guidance and any specific queries, reach out to us for a free consultation
Q). How much time will it take to process my application for British Columbia PNP?
A). The time taken for processing your application will differ depending on the category you are applying under, to get a detailed and customized plan of your expected processing time, you should reach out to our Canada immigration experts.