The South African government has introduced the South Africa critical skills work visa to address the issue of a skilled labor shortage. The Government has identified areas in the South African workforce that may be lacking the qualified and experienced staff to fulfill those roles.
The government also realized that skills need to help grow the country and ultimately support the economic growth of the rainbow nation may have to be attracted from outside the country’s borders, and with this, in mind, the South Africa critical skills work visa was implemented. This work visa- South Africa aims to attract international talent and experience to specific areas requiring development on South African shores. As one of the fastest growing countries on the African continent with the most progressive laws more and more qualified migrants are establishing themselves here and are at the forefront of the country’s development boom.
What Is The Specifics Of The Critical Skills Permit?
- The South Africa critical skills work visa falls in the temporary residency visa stream and allows foreign nationals to legally live and work in South Africa for a period of up to five years.
- The South Africa critical skills work visas are granted based on the applicant being able to prove that they hold the experience and qualifications needed in that specific field of occupation as listed on the Critical Skills List of more than 200 occupations for which this skills shortage exists.
- The applicant for a work visa- South Africa will not need a job offer on the application and may apply for this visa without a job offer.
- Under the work visa- South Africa the holder must secure employment in his specific field, for which the South Africa critical skills work visa was granted, within 12 months.
- The applicant for the work visa- South Africa need not obtain a letter of recommendation from the Department of Labour
- This work visa – South Africa, also offers the bearer the option to apply for permanent residency in the country subject to certain conditions. But can be applied for straight away if the applicant can prove more than 5 years’ experience in their field of expertise.
Qualifying For This Visa:
- The applicant for the South Africa critical skills works visa is able to prove sufficient knowledge and qualifications to fill a position listed on the critical skills list.
- The applicant for a work visa- South Africa should have an occupation which must is registered with a professional body in South Africa and must be recognized by SAQA. The work visa- South Africa will have to submit proof of this registration along with your visa application.
- Any foreign qualifications of the applicant for the South Africa critical skills work visa must be assessed by SAQA and translated into one of the Republic’s eleven official languages.
The Importance Of Registering With A Professional Body, Council Or Board In South Africa
This registration is required to confirm that the applicant for a work visa- South Africa holds the necessary skills and experience as claimed on their application. It also subjects the applicant for a work visa- South Africa to the regulations under which his or her profession is governed in South Africa.
The Process of South Africa critical skills work visa:
- Assessing the South Africa critical skills work visa applicants qualifications and credentials
- Establishing that the applicant for work visa- South Africa truly meets the required standards of practice within their occupation
- To maintain discipline within your trade or profession
- The applicant for South Africa critical skills works visa may be required to prove 3 – 5 years experience in your industry.
Occupational Categories Included In The Critical Skills List for work visa-South Africa:
- Architecture and the Built Environment
- Business, Economics and Management Studies
- Information Communication & Technology
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
- Life and Earth Sciences
- Professionals and Associate Professionals
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Academics and Researchers
- An applicant for the South Africa critical skills works visa can enter South Africa without a job offer.
- work visa- South Africa is based on skills and qualification as per the Critical Skills list defined by the South Africa Department of Home Affairs.
- south Africa critical skills work visa is initially granted for 12 months and is extendable as per the Authority
- Applicant needs to find a job within the South Africa critical skills work visa grant period.
- work visa- South Africa is then extended to 5 years to a Critical Skills Work Permit.
- No need to go through the onerous labor certification process which is required for a General Work Visa application.