The United Kingdom is one of the most popular and respected destinations for medical studies among students from all over the world. This can be attributed to the emphasis on research and quality academic programs. If you are looking for the top medical study experience, then you need not look beyond the United Kingdom, where you can find many low-cost and high-quality study options to study in the UK, which will provide you with the medical expertise and know-how to further your career.
Why is the UK the Best Destination for Medical Studies?
The United Kingdom is considered to be a great option to study in UK with a vast cultural, military, economic, scientific and political history behind it. Like many other sectors, the medical industry in the country too has evolved over the years and includes both private and publicly-funded treatment options, along with other holistic and alternative treatments. All permanent residents of the UK are entitled to public healthcare and is free of cost for anyone who needs treatment. According to a survey by the World Health Organization, the United Kingdom is ranked among the top 20 countries for healthcare in the world.
What are the Advantages of Pursuing MBBS in the UK?
Studying towards an MBBS degree in the UK has a number of advantages, as delineated below
1. Pursuing your higher education in the medical field in the United Kingdom can be extremely research-oriented
2. The overall education system in the United Kingdom is revered and followed in many other parts of the world.
3. The United Kingdom boasts of a number of top-ranked world-class medical colleges as well as teaching hospitals, where you can train to be a doctor.
4. There are many higher Opportunities, for students, to study in world-renowned graduate and postgraduate programs in medical sciences
5. Once you successfully complete your studies, you will be able to work in the United Kingdom as a licensed physician or medical practitioner.
[Read more: Top Scholarship Programs to Study in UK]
Best Universities to Study MBBS in UK
1. Hull York Medical School
2. Brighton and Sussex Medical School
3. Warwick Medical School
4. Leicester Medical School
5. University of Edinburgh Medical School
6. Imperial College School of Medicine
7. Norwich Medical School
8. Southampton Medical School
9. Sheffield Medical School
10. University of Birmingham Medical School
The above list is by no means exhaustive, and there are a number of other top universities in the UK, that offers a good grounding in the medical sciences
What is the Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in the UK?
You must meet the following conditions to be eligible to pursue your MBBS in the United Kingdom.
1. Your age at the time of application for your MBBS program in the United Kingdom, should not be less than 18 years of age
2. You should be willing to take the tests given by medical colleges in the United Kingdom, such as the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) or the Biomedical Admission Test (BMAT)
3. You should be able to have scored a high GPA in subjects such as maths, physics, chemistry, and biology
What are the Steps for Gaining Admission to the MBBS Program in the UK?
Step 1: You have to select the university, where you wish to pursue your MBBS program in the United Kingdom
Step 2: You will need to arrange and organize all your original documents that are legally required for the authorized bodies for admission into a good MBBS program, at one of the universities or medical colleges in the UK
Step 3: You will be required to register on the UCAS website in order to fill out and submit your completed application form. All those who wish to apply for a medical program will have to apply through the UCAS portal.
Step 4: After you receive confirmation of admission from your college, you will then need to apply for a student visa.
Step 5: You should Inform the date of your arrival at the medical university where you intend to study in the United Kingdom.