GET STUDY VISA FOR AUSTRALIA WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Australian Spouse Visa
Did you know that you do not have to leave your loved ones behind when you go abroad for completing your higher education? If you are studying in Australia as an international student you can apply for a visa for your spouse to accompany you. We outline the procedures for bringing your spouse along with you when you study in Australia
How To Bring Your Spouse Along When You Study In Australia
Australia government not only allows you to bring your spouse but also your dependent children as well if any. If you meet the criteria for a student visa then your spouse and kids automatically qualify to come along with you. Its as simple as that. However you will need to fulfill certain conditions as outlined below
- You are required to show with sufficient proof that you have required funds to support your family.
- For each additional family member accompanying you, the funds that you will need to have will increase.
- The funds will typically include the costs that you incur for your daily living, your childrens school fees and air travel cost for your entire family.
[Read More: Australia Business Innovation Stream]
Documents Needed For Bringing Spouse To Australia
If you are already residing in Australia and want your spouse to join you then you will need the following documents.
- Valid Passport and travel document for your spouse with a validity of at least 6 months.
- Bank statement that shows you have enough funds to cover you and your familys living expenses for the first 12 months of your stay in Australia. In case the visa is remaining for less than a year then you need to show expenses only for the remainder of your stay.
- Valid certification showing proof of your relationship, which can be a marriage certificate or common law partner certificate duly attested and verified by authorities.
- In case spouses name has been changed after marriage then a name change certificate also needs to be attached.