UK’S YOUTH MOBILITY SCHEME – ELIGIBILITY, FEE, VISA VALIDITY & MORE
Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
Youth Mobility Scheme Visa is initiated with the idea to invite young people to participate from certain countries or territories who wish to experience life in the UK. This visa is applicable especially for candidates who are planning to work and live in the UK for 2 years. Indians need to fulfill a set of requirements to be eligible for the Youth Mobility Visa for the UK. Read this article to know all the details about the visa.
Advantages of Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
- The Visa holders can live & work in the UK legally for 2 years
- Work in any UK-recognized organizations in the field related to your education (There are certain restrictions in the type of work the candidate choose)
- Candidates can leave and re-enter the country at any time during these 2 years.
- No IELTS or job is required to be eligible for the visa.
- The decision on visa application will not take longer than 4 weeks approx.
- Visa applications will be picked in a draw with a lower cost
Requirements for Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
Before checking the eligibility here are the basic requirements of the Youth Mobility Visa for Indian passport holders.
- Age should be 18- 30 by the time of applying for a visa
- A Valid Passport that establishes the identity of the candidate
- The candidate must provide the required biometrics
- He/ she must pay the visa fee along with the Immigration Health charge
Before arriving in the UK, applicants must:
- Apply for and receive an entry clearance under the Youth Mobility Scheme route;
- Acquire a current medical certificate attesting to their viable screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and stating that they are exempt from the disease;
- Not have previously visited the UK under the Youth Mobility Scheme route.
Financial requirement to apply Youth Mobility Scheme
- The applicant must fulfill the below financial requirements to be eligible for YMS
- The Applicant must submit proof of having funds of £2,530 for a minimum of 28 days
- The applicants must not have any children aged below 18 who are living with the candidate or financially dependent upon them or on a UK Dependent Visa
Eligibility for Indian Citizens
Indian citizens will be qualified to apply under the Youth Mobility Scheme route once the invitation to apply arrangements is approved. Verify the Eligibility requirements before migrating to the UK. To get it done, Candidates must,
- have submitted their application within the deadline specified on the invitation to apply
- provide the UAN (Unique Application Number) to get an invitation to apply
- submit a police clearance certificate which has been issued no more than 6 months before the date of application from a local police station
- Qualification equal to or above RQF level 6 (Bachelor’s degree or above). And the proof of the qualification is evidenced through both:
- Valid Certificates from the college or university that the applicant has completed their studies and graduated with the required qualification
(Once the details of the first Indian ballot are announced, this information will be updated again.)
How to Apply for Youth Mobility Scheme?
The application process for Youth Mobility Scheme from India is completely online and can apply from the UK government website. During the process of application, the applicant needs to submit the required documents mentioned above and submit proper biometrics.
How much is the Fee for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa?
The application fee for the Youth Mobility Scheme visa is £259. Along with that, candidates must also pay the healthcare surcharge of approximately £470 per year (varies for each individual)
How long will it take to get the visa?
The Online applications once submitted along with the identity and other documents submissions; will take approximately 3 weeks to decide on the visa application. It is suggested to apply at least 6 months before the plan of travel.
The applicants are allowed to stay and work in the UK for 2 years. And they can enter and exit the UK at any period of time during these 2 years. If the applicant turns 31 years of age after acquiring your visa, they can stay in the UK till the visa validity of 2 years expires.
For more details, or guidance to apply for the Visa, reach our UK Immigration Experts now!