9 BEST TIPS TO SCORE HIGH IN WRITING SECTION OF PTE ACADEMIC EXAM
Score High In Writing Section Of PTE Academic Exam
Follow below guidelines for scoring maximum marks in Writing Section of PTE Academic In the written section of PTE Academic there are 7 attributes to consider while attempting to write an essay and it scores the candidate a maximum of raw 3 points. If the content is not based on the following 7 attributes the score in writing may be zero which will make a severe impact on the total score.
Tip - 1
- Do not make an irrelevant response to the given prompt
- Let the response be strictly in English
- Do not write the response only in capitals
- If there is no response to the given prompt, then essay cant be rewarded with any marks or points.
In PTE Academic All scores are given based on Global Scale of English (GSE). GSE works based on common European Frame Work of Reference for Languages (Council of Europe 2011)
[Read More: 12 Best Tips To Give A Hike To Your PTE Academic!]
Tip - 2
Strictly consider these 7 attributes while writing an essay in PTE Academic Exam to get best scores in the Writing section
- Formal requirement
- Development, Structure and Coherence
- General Linguistic Range
- Vocabulary range and
Tip - 3
In the PTE Academic Writing section, the first attribute is Content.
- Content: All the aspects of the topic are expected to be covered and also to be addressed with details and explanations or examples to supportthe candidates point of view
Rating Scale: 3 If the given essay is adequately dealt with the prompt 2 If the given essay is dealt but avoided one minor aspect of the subject 1 If the given essay is dealt with the prompt but avoided more than one aspect 0 If the given essay is not dealt properly with the prompt.
Tip - 4
In the PTE Academic Writing section, the second attribute is Formal Requirement
- Formal Requirement: The topic written should satisfy the length requirement that is 200-300 words. If the candidate writes less than 120 or more than 380 the response is considered to discard.
Rating Scale: 2 Number of words between 200 and 300 1 Number of words between 120 and 199 or between 301 and 380 0 Words less than 120 or more than 380 Maximum Score: 2
Tip - 5
In the PTE Academic Writing section, the third attribute is Development, Structure and Coherence
- Development, Structure and Coherence: It depends upon the response organized in developing the content and structure.
Rating Scale: 2 If the essay is developed well with logical structure 1 If the essay is structured but with poor coherence between elements and paragraphs 0 If the essay is lacking coherence, consisting of lists or loose elements Maximum Score: 2
Tip - 6
In the PTE Academic Writing section, the fourth attribute is Grammar
- Grammar Correct grammatical usage is required
Rating Scale: 2 if the essay is devoid of grammatical errors and difficult to recognize the minor errors 1 If the essay is having relatively poor grammatically 0 If the essay is designed with simple structures and several mistakes Maximum Score: 2
Tip - 7
In the PTE Academic Writing section, the fifth attribute is General Linguistic Range
- General Linguistic Range: If the language used in the response is consistent and accurate conveying ones ideas
Rating Scale:2 If the essay shows high linguistic skills which does not create ambiguity without restricting oneself in expressing their ideas
- Though the range of linguistics are good but deviates from the main point to develop arguments. 0 Basic language is good but lacks precision Maximum Score: 2
Tip - 8
In the PTE Academic Writing section, the sixth attribute is Vocabulary Range
- Vocabulary Range: Showing good command over vocabulary with skillful writing
Rating Scale: 2 If the essay displays good command with idiomatic expressions 1 If the essay shows good command over vocabulary in connection to general academics but falling short lexically and imprecision. 0 If the response consists of vocabulary insufficiency in dealing with a better capacity Maximum Score: 2
[Read More: Best PTE Academic Coaching Center]
Tip - 9
In the PTE Academic Writing section, the seventh attribute is spelling
- Spelling: If the response is devoid of spelling errors
Rating Scale: 2 Correct spelling, may be one typing error 1 One or may be more than one typing errors 0 More than 1 spelling errors and typing mistakes Maximum Score: 2. To know more about the best options for Study Abroad And Coaching Centers In Hyderabad To Get The Best Training For PTE Academic Examination get in touch with Global Tree. The in-house coaching department has well qualified and expert faculty with decades of experience that can help in your success in competitive entrance exams such as GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, PTE Academic and IELTS.
Global Tree has 15 branches across India with expert counseling team to guide you right from gaining best scores in the entrance exams which allow the Immigration and Overseas Education to completing the Visa Process.