12 VISA FREE COUNTRIES WHICH ALLOW INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS TO TRAVEL
Visa Free Countries Which Allow Citizens of India to TravelThe ongoing pandemic and the staggering lockdowns and other restrictions have left everyone with a sense of dread and fatigue. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and the rapid vaccination drive, which will hopefully make it easier to move around and travel. If you are eager to travel out of the country but do not want to go through the hassle of applying for a visa, then we have the perfect solution for you. As it happens, there are a number of visa-free countries, which allow citizens of India to enter. Travelling can be a lot of fun and exciting, especially if it is to travel out of the country. There is a certain excitement in traveling abroad for most of us. Here are a few countries where you can travel with just your passport.
Countries Where Indians Can Travel Without A Visa
1. NepalNepal is one of our nearest neighbors and is also the only country where you will not need to possess a passport for the purpose of a visit. According to the Nepal Embassy, Indians are permitted to enter the country, with any photo identity card, such as a driving license, aadhar card, or passport, which has been issued by the Indian government. You can also drive down to Nepal through a scenic road route for a more memorable vacation. You can even take your own car or hire a car for a safer mode of travel when compared to public transport systems such as airlines and trains. There are a number of fun adventurous activities to enjoy in Nepal, which include, Bungee Jumping, Zip Flying, Mountain Biking, Rafting, Canyoning, and Paragliding amongst many others. For those interested in a more relaxed mode of vacation, Nepal offers a number of scenic locations nestled amidst the Himalayas, which can offer an unforgettable and enjoyable vacation experience.
[Read more: Canada Visitor Visa Process and Requirements]
2. CambodiaCambodia is famous in the world for the iconic Angkor Wat temple that has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is one of the most enduring popular attractions for tourists to the country. The sandy white beaches of Sihanoukville, The vibrant city of Phnom Penh, the historic Preah Vihear Temple, and Banteay Chhmar Temple are a few of the other major attractions in the country of Cambodia. Apart from temple sightseeing, Cambodia also offers other recreational activities such as cruising, yachting, trekking, and enjoying traditional massages for its visitors. Indians who plan to visit Cambodia, do not need to apply for a visa before traveling but can obtain a visa on arrival.
3. Hong KongThough ravaged by pro-democracy protests in some parts of the country, Hong Kong still remains one of the favorite destinations for the international jet-set. How lucky for us Indians, that we do not need to apply for a visa to visit it. Hong Kong is not a country by itself, but is actually one of the provinces of China and is located just south of the mainland and to the east of the Pearl River Estuary. The city is one of the best places to enjoy a variety of activities including visiting various attractions, trying out international cuisines, shopping on famous streets, etc. children will love to visit, Disneyland in Hong Kong, and the Ocean Park. For grown-ups, there are a number of pubs and other places to enjoy the vibrant nightlife in the city. Indians can stay in Hong Kong for a period of 14 days without a visa.
4. MauritiusMauritius is the ideal destination, for any Indian who wishes to enjoy pristine beaches and blue lagoons with their surfeit of natural beauty. The country is an island nation, which is situated in the Indian Ocean and is considered to be the best getaway for romantic couples. It is famous for its ocean-based activities such as deep-sea fishing and other watersports including water skiing, parasailing, and many others. Some of the must-see places in Mauritius are The Triolet Shivala, Grand Bay Pereybre, Caudan Waterfront, Black River Gorge, and Balaclava Ruins, apart from numerous others. Indians can stay in the country for as many as 60 days without the need for a Visa.
5. MaldivesThe Maldives is the favorite destination among the Bollywood elite and other famous rich in India. It is not surprising as this island nation is dotted with luxuriant beaches, nearly 1000 in number, where one can enjoy relative privacy and a luxurious getaway. If you want to emulate the lifestyles of the rich and famous, then Maldives is the ultimate destination for you. Some of the best places to visit are Hukuru Miskiiy (Old Friday Mosque), National Museum, Utheemu Ganduvaru, Banana reef, Alimatha Island, and many others. If you are a tourist from India or any other country, you will be given a visa on arrival for 30 days.
[Read More: Documents Required for Australia Tourist Visa]