What is the Tata scholarship for study abroad
The J. N. Tata Endowment scholarship is a scholarship program that grants a one-time loan scholarship to Indian nationals for Study Abroad. The scholarship is a loan scholarship granted to full-time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies and is offered irrespective of caste, community or gender. The scholarship amount for study abroad can range from INR 1,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 and depends on a number of factors. The students who have been selected for the scholarship can also be qualified for other scholarships and travel aid under other schemes put forward by allied Tata trusts. Moreover, the Tata education and development trust has established a 25 million USD endowment at Cornell University, which allows Cornell to fund the studies of undergraduate Indian students at Cornell.
Eligibility criteria for Tata scholarship
To be eligible for Tata scholarships, the Applicants should fulfill the following criteria
- The applicant who applies for Tata scholarship for study abroad should be an Indian citizen,
- The applicant should have graduated from a recognized University in India and should have a consistent academic track record.
- The applicant must be less than 45 years of age and may be a mid-career professional going abroad for training or specialized studies in his field.
Selection criteria for Tata Scholarship
The JN Tata scholarship for study abroad is an extremely prestigious scholarship and is granted to students from India who go to study at top universities in the world. The selection process as such is extremely rigorous and emphasizes the following
- The student intending to study abroad should have an excellent GRE/GMAT score as well as a good score in IELTS or TOEFL
2.The student should write a Statement of Purpose highlighting why he is eligible for the scholarship and how he intends to build on the knowledge he will gain through this scholarship. The Statement of Purpose should be original and well written as significant weight is given to SOP under the selection process
- The candidates who intend to study abroad are given an online test and those who do well on the test are called for an interview
- The candidates who qualify for interview are asked to email scanned copies of their transcripts and other required documents
5.The interview is the final stage of the selection process. However being called for an interview does not grant scholarship. The candidate is asked questions related to the subject he intends to pursue during his study abroad and is expected to have in depth knowledge of the same.
- The final selection is made based on a composite score awarded during the interview process, the online test, GRE/GMAT and IELTS score as well as previous academic record.
Repayment of Tata scholarship for study abroad
The Tata scholarship for study abroad is a loan scholarship which means that the student who goes for abroad education has to repay the loan after completion of the course. The student has to start repayment from the time that he starts earning or by the end of the third year from the date of availing of the loan scholarship. In addition, the student also has to provide the name of a parent or relative who will act as a guarantor in case of default.
To know more about this and various other scholarship schemes available for study abroad get in touch with Global Tree, the best overseas education consultant in India.