ALL ABOUT F1 VISA INTERVIEW
F1 Visa Process
If you have thought, planned or ever dreamed about studying abroad in USA, then you must definitely be familiar with the F1 visa interview. The F1 visa is the visa granted to international students who wish to study in the USA for a full course. The application for an F1 visa is scrutinized by the visa officer who wants to determine whether you are going to pursue your course genuinely, whether the university you will be attending has the proper credentials and whether you have the required skills and educational background to study the course. When you are applying for Prestigious Universities
such as any Ivy League University, you can be sure that the questions will be doubly rigorous. Make sure you have all that you need for the visa interview. The following are typically the papers required for an F1 Visa interview
- Your transcripts, Statement of purpose, CV and GRE or GMAT and IELTS or TOEFL scores in original
- Your DS-160 visa application form which has been duly completed
- Your I-20/SEVIS form issued by the U.S Institution and SEVIS receipt fee
- Your Visa appointment letter and the receipt of payment of visa application fee.
- You're Passport along with a most recent photograph.
- Documents that give proof that you will return to India after you complete your course in the USA.
- Documents showing proof of funds or relation to sponsor if education is being sponsored by a relative.
Questions Asked in F1 Visa Interview
The questions asked during an F1 interview can be divided into three main categories- University and course-related questions, financing related questions and General questions. Doing well on these questions can increase your chances of getting your F1 visa approved.
[Read More: Application Process and Best Interview Tips for US F1 Student Visa]
University Related Questions
- How many universities have you applied for? Give their names
- How many Universities were you accepted at?
- Why have you decided on this university?
- From which institution have you completed your undergraduate/graduate degree?
- What are your previous scores?
- Tell us more about the university where you intend to study?
- Have you contacted any professors at the university you wish to study in? Mention their names.
- How long will you stay in the USA?
Financing Related Questions
The F1 visa officer has to make sure that you are in a position to pay for your expenses for the entire duration of your course. Therefore he will ask you many questions relating to your finances
- How will you be funding your education?
- If through a sponsor, what is his relationship with you?
- What is the monthly income of your sponsors?
- What is the annual income of your sponsors?
- What is the expected annual expense at your university?
- Show proof of funds?
- Have you taken a loan for your education? How do you intend to repay the loan?
- Will this be your first visit to the USA?
- What made you choose USA over other countries such as UK, Australia or Canada?
- How do you think your course in US will help you?
- Can you explain why your scores are so low?
- Why are you applying for this semester?
- What are your plans after completion of the course?
- Have you been selected for a merit scholarship? What is it for?
- Give proof that you will return to your country after completing your course
[Read More: Students can Work Off Campus in the US under OPT Program]
These questions may not cover all the questions that can be asked as it is at the discretion of the visa officer what questions can be asked. It is, therefore, best to be prepared with all your facts and answer all questions truthfully and to the best of your knowledge. To know more about the visa process for F1 visa contact Global Tree, the most trusted Overseas Education Consultants in India