Though not as coveted as Canada and USA, the popularity of South Africa as an immigration destination is increasing and so is the number of people expressing an interest in immigration to South Africa. There are a number of advantages of moving to South Africa for foreign students and workers from all over the world. Not only is the country an excellent choice for entrepreneurs looking to invest in a new business, but it also has a number of career options for professionals in various industries. Moreover, the country is well known for its cosmopolitan atmosphere, having put its sad days of apartheid far behind it.
Living in South Africa allows one to enjoy the modern luxuries of a developed nation along with close proximity to exotic jungles and safaris where one can enjoy the company of wild animals. One is likely to get all the conveniences that one is accustomed to at a fraction of the cost in other nations in the world. Staying in the country with the South Africa work visa would bring the following advantages
- One can become eligible for a number of benefits of South Africa immigration through this visa
- One can stay in the country for a period of 12 months in order to search for employment
- South Africa is a developed nation with a safe and stable living and working environment
- Possessing a South Africa work visa can give the individual a chance to work at some of the best corporate and technological giants in the world industry such as Cisco, Unilever, Vodacom and Microsoft.
Procedure for immigration to South Africa
The South Africa work visa or critical skills visa is one pathway for foreign workers who are interested in immigration to South Africa. Individuals who are interested in the visa need to have work experience in any one of the occupations that have been listed in the Critical Skills List of the country. The South Africa work visa is a temporary visa which is issued to successful immigrants for a maximum period of 5 years. And can pave the way to a South Africa PR visa.
Requirements for business visa
Persons who intend to invest in or set up a business in the country can apply for South Africa Business Visa which can ultimately lead to a South Africa PR visa. One will need to invest a minimum amount of 5 million Rand. Moreover, any foreigner who is setting up a business in SA will have to recruit local citizens as 60 percent of their staff. The investor will also need to show sufficient proof of funds to make the required investment.
The requirements for a work visa
The following are the requirements for a work visa to South Africa
- A completed application form should be submitted at the embassy of the country of origin
- The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) should have evaluated the qualifications of the individual and convert them to the South African equivalent
- Persons who are more than 18 years of age will need to submit a police clearance certificate from each country where he or she has resided for more than 12 months.
- The employer who is sponsoring your visa will need to show sufficient proof that efforts have been made to recruit a citizen or resident for the role that you will be filling.
- Documentation from the employer will be needed which includes the employment contract
- Proof of medical fitness and general wellness
- Personal information of the individual which includes birth certificate, proof of relationship status. Passport and other personal details as required from time to time.
Benefits and procedures of Immigration to South Africa
To know more about South Africa immigration and visa processing details reach Global Tree, the best South Africa immigration consultants in Mumbai.