GRE Training (Graduate Record Examination Test)
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a standardized test that is conducted by Education Testing Service (ETS). If you are planning to study for post-graduation in USA, then you will need to take the test as a part of your admission process.
Features of the GRE
1. The GRE test is classified into two types the GRE General test and the GRE Subject test.
2. It is the benchmark for post graduate programs in USA and many countries abroad
3. The GRE general test evaluates the candidate in the following areas
a. Verbal Reasoning
b. Quantitative Reasoning
c. Analytical Reasoning
4. The GRE Subject test evaluates candidates for their expertise in all of the above and a particular subject in which they intend to do take up a post-graduation course
5. The GRE subject test is accepted by many universities, but it is recommended that you take the GRE subject test as it can give you an advantage over other applicants.
Section of GRE Test
1. Analytical Writing
Analytical writing section aims to measure the applicant’s ability in thinking critically and responding to an argument. You will be expected to critique a paragraph, analyze an argument and analyze an issue as a part of the section. The scores are reported in a 0-6 score level
2. Verbal Section
Verbal Section measures a candidate’s ability to read and comprehend passages and logically answer questions given below. The Reading Comprehension requires candidates to read general academic or critical reasoning passages and then analyze and answer the questions that follow. Text completion tests your prowess in reading, and completing the sentence to make it coherent. Sentence Equivalence provides the candidate with synonymous words to test your skill in using the right word in the right context.
3. Quantitative Section
The Quantitative Section tests the candidate’s ability to compare quantity. It is also used to examine the ability of candidate to verify the sufficiency of data to solve a problem. The section has questions based on comparison of quantities. Candidates will be asked to select one answer out of multiple answers and also fill in the numerical entries that are missing in an equation.
Scoring pattern for GRE
The scoring pattern for each section of the GRE is as follows.
1. Verbal Reasoning – 130 to 170
2. Quantitative Reasoning – 130 to 170
3. Analytical Writing – 0-6
How Global Tree can help you maximize your GRE scores
1. We provide quality GRE classes in state of the art classrooms which are equipped with the latest study aids
2. We have curated a customized syllabus for GRE training that is designed to reinforce concepts and apply them to test questions
3. Our expert faculty is trained to provide personalized attention to each student
4. We provide you with practical tips to manage your preparation strategies for the GRE
5. Our GRE coaching utilizes a unique combination of study material, evaluation, reviews, and developing test taking skills in the student
6. We also assist the student for booking the test dates keeping in mind university admission deadlines.
Q). Is the GRE test hard?
A). The GRE test evaluates students in a competitive manner to decide on admissions, as such it can be tougher than the average test. However with the right preparation and time management you can definitely score high in the test. Contact us to know more about how you can improve your score
Q). what is a good score on the GRE?
A). A good score on the GRE is a relative term, as different universities look for different scores. However if you score around 160- 168 for verbal, 159 to 164 for quant and 4.5 for writing you will be in the top 10 percent of all test takers.
Q). How do I study for GRE?
A). the best method to study for the GRE exam preparation is to be consistent. You should aim for devoting a portion of time daily rather than trying to cram for the tests. Make sure you take lots of timed practice tests to evaluate your progress. For more tips you can click here and visit our coaching center to know more about our GRE training programs and customized strategies for success
Q). Is the GRE or GMAT easier?
A). which of the two is easier will depend on whether you are strong on quantitative skills or verbal skills. The quantitative section of GMAT is tougher, whereas the verbal section of GRE is tougher. However you should not base your decision on which test to take only on which one is easier, but whether the universities you are targeting accept both scores and whether writing one of them gives you an advantage.
Q). How many times can I take the GRE?
A). According to the ETS policy on GRE course, you can take the CBT once every calendar month. If you take more than one test in a year, then you will get a record of all the tests you have taken. Your GRE scores will remain valid for a period of five years from date of test
Q). How much does it cost to take the GRE?
A). the registration fee for taking the GRE is 195 USD. You may encounter other incidental expenses for coaching for preparation, travel to test center etc.