Document Checklist for Germany Immigration
What Documents will you need for Immigration to Germany?
If you are planning to immigrate to Germany, for work, study or to set up a business, then you will need to apply for a long term visa. The type of visa as well as the documents required will depend on the purpose of your visit, and will be listed out in detail later in the article. However, there are a few general document requirements, for all visa types, which are listed below
- You will need a correct and complete Application Form, which has been filled honestly without any errors to the best of your knowledge
- You will need a Passport , which has a minimum validity of three months over the extent of your stay in the country
- You should have your latest Photo, which has been taken within the preceding three months from your application, and one that conforms to the requirements of the German embassy.
- You will need documented proof of having taken Health Insurance for a minimum coverage amount of 30.000 EUR
- You should provide documented proof of your Travel Itinerary
- You should provide proof of having enough funds for your stay or provide proof of a sponsor for your stay
Documents for Germany Employment Visa
You will need to provide the following for Germany employment visa application
- Two application forms, correctly completed and signed
- Two passport size photographs which conform to all standards
- A Valid passport from the country of your origin
- Valid Proof of residence, which can include a driver’s license or electricity or water bill
- Proof of Health insurance from your employer
- contract of employment with details about your annual gross salary and job description
- Proof of Approval by Federal Employment Agency if required by the job position
- The latest CV, detailing your work experience and your educational qualifications
- Documented Proofs of all your educational and professional qualifications
- A covering letter that explains all the details and purpose of your stay
- Proof of having a clean criminal record.
- Proof of having paid the required visa fee.
[Read More: Best Strategies To Apply Germany Job Seeker Visa For Success]
Documents for Germany Job Seeker Visa
You will need to keep the following documents for Germany job seeker visa
- A valid passport, which has been issued in the previous 10 years and which will be valid for 12 months or more after you plan to return.
- A copy of the data page on your passport.
- Three passport pictures, which are based on your biometric specifications.
- A cover letter to explain the purpose of your visit to Germany.
- Proof of educational qualifications.
- Your latest updated CV.
- Proof of having secured a place to stay in Germany during your visit.
- Proof of sufficient funds, which could be either.
- a.Letter from a sponsor.
- b.Statement of bank account.
- c.Blocked bank account.
- Birth certificate and marriage certificate if applicable
- Proof of having taken health insurance
Documents for Business Visa to Germany
You will need to provide the following documents for applying for a business visa to Germany
- A short-stay visa application form, which is complete and correct in all aspects along with a declaration of accuracy.
- Two photographs taken within three months, of the application.
- A Valid passport, which is not older than ten years with expiry more than three months after your proposed stay in the country.
- One copy of data page on your passport.
- Proof of health insurance,
- Documents to show your travel Itinerary.
- Proof of having secured accommodation for your stay.
- Proof of your civil status.
- Proof of funds.
- Letter of invitation from business partner in Germany.
- Covering letter from your company with details of your travel and stay.
- Certificate of Incorporation of the company.
Documents for German student visa
- Two visa applications forms complete and correct in all respects.
- Valid passport.
- Two photographs conforming to the standards
- Proof of having procured admission at an education institution in Germany
- Proof of proficiency in German
- Proof of proficiency in English
- a.TOEFL with minimum of 550 points on paper-based test and 213 Points computer based test
- b.IELTS with a minimum band of 5 – 6.5.
- Transcripts of previous educational qualifications
- Latest updated CV
- Proof of funds to cover the cost of your education and stay
- Proof of having taken health insurance
- Purpose of stay letter
- Proof of payment for application fee.
Documents for Germany Family Reunion Visa
You will need the following documents for German family reunification visa
- A valid passport with more than three more months for expiry over the planned period of stay
- Two sets of application forms
- Two sets of notification/explanation forms which have been completed and signed
- Two recent photographs
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of Health Insurance for travel to Germany
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Letter of invitation from family in Germany
- Proof of basic German language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with sponsor
Get in touch with our German immigration experts for a more detailed and up to date list of documents