ONTARIO ISSUES 130 ITAS UNDER INTERNATIONAL STUDENT STREAM
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program updates
The Canadian province of Ontario has issued Invitations to Apply to 138 international students from across the world, inviting them to apply for the provincial nomination program for permanent residence, run by the province. The program, which is also known as the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has invited those candidates for immigration, who had submitted their Expression of Interest (EOI) profiles online, and who were also eligible to apply under the Ontario Employer Job Offer of the International Student Stream.
Ontario International Student Stream
The Invited candidates, who received the ITA's would need to have scored an EOI of more than 77 to qualify for receiving the invitation to Apply for the stream. In addition to this, they should also have received a valid job offer from a firm or company in Ontario. The International Student Stream, which comes under the category of Ontario Employer Job Offer, gives a pathway for those interested candidates, who are in possession of a valid job offer in Ontario. Applicants are not required to be physically present in the province or country, in order to apply. However, they are required to be international graduates, who have completed their graduation program from a university or any other Designated Learning Institution (DLI) situated in Canada.
[Read More: Move to Another Province after Getting Canada PR]
The province of Ontario has recently commenced a new Expression of Interest (EOI) system for two of its flagship Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) under the Ontario Employer Job Offer.
- The International Student Stream
- The Foreign Worker Stream
The province is also in plans to introduce new streams for the EOI system, which include, Masters Graduate, In-Demand Skills, and Ph.D. Graduate streams in the future. Before this system was introduced, applicants were only able to register when the province opened up its online portal.
How to Apply for Ontario PNP through the International Student Stream?
If you are interested in applying for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), through the International Student Stream, you will need to register your Expression Of Interest profile, through the INP e-Filing portal. Which will enable you to enter the EOI pool. The next step in this regard would be to wait for the province to compute and award you with an EOI score, which is based on the information provided by you at the time of registration to the EOI profile.
You will be given points based on your age, level of education, language proficiency, the region where you have either studied or have worked, the level of skill required for your offered job, as well as your work experience and other factors. Your skill level would be measured as per the National Occupational Classification (NOC) The OINP will also consider your wages and will also award a bonus of 10 points if you are able to fulfill the labor market needs of the province.
[Read More: Montreal: Canada's International Student Haven]
Eligibility conditions for OINP under International Student Stream
You will be eligible to apply for the Internationals student program if you satisfy the following criteria
1. You should have a valid job offer, which is full-time, i.e for a minimum of 30 hours per week, and is permanent. The job offer should be in a job which is in a NOC Skill Type/Level 0, A, or B.
2. The job position should offer a salary, which is not less than the minimum wage level for the occupation, where you intend to work
3. The job offer should be consistent with the existing business activities of your employer
4. The job offer should be for a position that is based in the province of Ontario.
5. You or your family members cannot be in possession of more than 10 percent of the equity of the firm where you intend to work
6. You should have graduated from a designated learning institute in Canada
7. You should have completed your degree or diploma with a minimum of 2 years of full-time learning or 1 year of full-time studies with a completed degree as a prerequisite
8. At least 50 percent of your academic time should have been spent in Canada.
For more help and guidance to apply for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program under International Student Stream, get in touch with our Expert Canada PNP Consultants.