On 30 June 2020, the Council of the EU caused a suggestion to further to expand the transitory travel limitations, set up since 16 March 2020, with the exception of travelers from a limited number of nations (“positive list”). Germany has embraced this proposal.
Subsequently, the limitations stay in power for the USA, among others, until further notification. The “positive list”, nonetheless, will be evaluated and refreshed normally. Contingent upon the improvements of the epidemiological circumstance, changes in the list may happen.
In spite of the proceeding with entry limitations, existing special cases for entering Germany will be essentially extended.
Important: Holders of a substantial German passport may enter the Federal Republic of Germany whenever – regardless of entry limitations.
Exclusions from travel limitations:
- EU residents and residents of Schengen Associated States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland), Great Britain, and their individual family members*, whether or not they come back to their place of living arrangement or not. Nonetheless, entry for relatives for visiting purposes or for tourist reasons is as yet unrealistic, just on grounds of family get-together.
- Third-country residents with a drawn out right of home in an EU State as well as in the previously mentioned State (residence grant or long term visa, for example for studies or beginning an occupation) just as their individual family members*, independent of whether they come back to their place of living arrangement or not. However, entry for relatives for visiting purposes or for vacationer reasons is as yet unrealistic, just on grounds of family gathering.
- Third-country nationals with so-called “essential functions or needs”, which include (among others):
- Medical professionals, Home nurses, and old age care professionals
- Frontier workers, transport personnel engaged in haulage of products and other transport staff to the extent necessary.
- Diplomats, staff of international organizations, military personnel and humanitarian aid workers within the exercise of their functions
- Passengers in transit
- Passengers travelling for imperative family reasons (this also will include visit funerals, weddings, visits by under-age children to their parents and similar cases)
- Students, under the condition that the studies can’t be administered from abroad
- Highly qualified workers (a specific list of who falls under this exception are going to be published shortly)
Family individuals inside the importance of the special case are characterized in Article 2 of the Free Movement Directive 2004/38/EC and incorporate companions and youngsters up to the age of 21
Please note that at border control, suitable evidence of the presence of one of the above special cases must be introduced.
U.S. residents may in any case enter Germany without a visa, in the event that they can show evidence of one of the before referenced special cases to the aircraft and outskirt specialists. Passage for the sole motivation behind a visit or for visitor reasons is subsequently still unrealistic.
[Read more about: Germany Job Seeker Visa Application Strategies for Success!]