CANADA IMMIGRATION TO ALBERTA IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM
Alberta Announces New Opportunity Stream
Alberta, a province in Canada has announced the launch of a new stream of immigration called the Opportunity stream, which will commence accepting applications from 2nd Jan 2018 as a part of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP).
The Alberta Opportunity stream is expected to provide a pathway for immigrant workers who are working in Alberta to obtain permanent residence in Canada. The opportunity streams applications will be processed outside the Express Entry selection system and those applications which are successful will be given a provincial nomination from Alberta, under the AINP, which would give them additional points for the Express Entry Program for permanent residence in Canada.
Eligibility Criteria For Immigration Under The Opportunity Stream
The opportunity stream is expected to replace the two existing AINP streams which are currently in place, the Strategic Recruitment stream and the Employer-Driven stream. However, applications under the currently existing streams will continue to be processed until the new opportunity stream takes effect, after which new applications under the two existing streams will no longer be accepted. The following conditions must be fulfilled.
[Read More: Canada Ranked No 1 For Quality Of Life]
- The person who seeks Immigration to Canada under the Opportunity Stream is required to have a job offer from an Alberta employer.
- The job offer need not be only in a skilled occupation category as many occupations which are listed under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A, B, C and D are eligible for this stream.
- Applicants who seek immigration under this stream need to have a valid temporary resident status at the time of applying for this stream and must be living and working in Alberta at the time of application.
- If an applicant seeking immigration through this stream is not employed in a job that is qualified by LMIA, then he or she must possess an exemption under International trade agreements or must be a worker with an intra-company transfer.
- Applicants to this stream need to provide proof of their English or French language ability at or above CLB 4, through the medium of language tests that are recognized by the Alberta government. This requirement is expected to increase to CLB 5 from 2nd Jan 2019
- Nurses, orderlies, and patient service associates have a language requirement of CLB 7
- Applicants who seek immigration under the Opportunity stream are required to have completed an education level corresponding to high school or higher.
- Those applicants who have not received their education in Canada are required to obtain an ECA or Educational Credential Assessment from recognized institutions.
- However, in some specific cases, applicants who have relevant work experience and also who have a recognized and valid Alberta Qualification Certificate or trade certificate, can be exempted from the ECA requirement even if their education was obtained out of Canada.
- Applicants who seek Immigration to Canada under the Opportunity stream need to have
- At least 12 months of full-time work experience in their present occupation in Alberta out of the last 18 months, or,
- At least 24 months of full-time experience in their present occupation in Canada and/or abroad within the immediately preceding 30 months.
- Applicants who seek Immigration to Canada under this stream are required to have a minimum income which would be decided based on the size of the applicants family.
To know more about the Alberta Opportunities stream for Immigration to Canada, get in touch with Global Tree, at Begumpet, Hyderabad. Our Canada Immigration Consultants can help you with your job search in Canada as well as the Immigration Process for the same.