Close Menu

All roads lead to USA! Options for immigration to America

Migrate to USA

The American dream is one of the most enduring in the world. images of immigrants who have come to the USA, tired, huddled, poor and hungry, who have gone on to not only turn their lives around but also build empires that have been instrumental in adding to the wealth of others, are on everyone’s minds who aspires to become an American citizen. The dream of becoming an American citizen, or at the very least to work in America is a dream that is shared by many in the world, making an American passport one of the most coveted passports in the world. Of late, however, with the presidency of Donald Trump, the closed border policies and the restrictions on visas such as the H1b visa, the American dream seems that much more difficult to attain. However, a large number of people remain passionate about becoming a part of America. For people who still yearn to be a part of the American dream, there are a few options available, which we will explore below.

  1. L1 Visa

The L1 Visas are primarily meant for the use of transfer of Managers and Executives. The L1 visa is an inter company transfer visa, which permits companies with operations in the USA and another country to transfer employees to America for building operations in the US. The company can expand operations in the USA, by opening a branch or subsidiary office. Immigrants who enter USA through L1 visa are generally able to file for a Green Card in the EB1C category and receive their green cards within one year.

  1. L1B Visa

The L1B visa is a visa that caters to professionals who have sufficiently demonstrated their possession of specialized knowledge in their field of expertise. A person holding L1B visa needs to apply for certification from the Department of Labor before he applies for a Green Card. The petition has to be filed by his employer who is required to prove that no US workers are available who are sufficiently qualified or willing to take up the same job. An L1b visa holder can file for Green card under the Eb2 category, which can take several years to process.

  1. EB5 Visa

The EB5 visa is a visa that allows a person to apply for permanent residency, with the stipulation that he makes an investment of at least 1,000,000 USD in a commercial venture in the USA, which intends to create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for workers from the USA. A person who enters USA through EB5 can get their green card within two years.

  1. E2 Visa

E2 visa is a visa that facilitates a person hailing from a country which maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with the USA, to enter America in order to run a business, which invests a substantial amount of capital in the country. Although Indians are not eligible to enter the USA through this route as India is not a treaty country, nevertheless persons of Indian origin who have obtained citizenship of another country can if they are so willing, choose to immigrate to the USA through the E2 visa.

  1. O1 Visa

The O1 visa is meant for encouraging persons who have demonstrated extraordinary ability in the subjects of science, arts, education, business, or athletics, or in the motion picture and television industry and have been recognized for their achievements on the national and international arena.

To know more about options to immigrate to the USA, get in touch with Global Tree the most trusted immigration consultant in India.

Categories: Immigration, US

Ask for Free Counseling

Blog Categories