Australia Immigration Consultants
Australia is a wonderful place for living, working, and raising a family. Many cities in Australia, such as Melbourne, Sydney, and Perth, have frequently appeared on the most livable city rankings. These culturally vibrant cities also enjoy a host of other benefits such as low population, low pollution levels, abundant levels of fresh air, superb natural landscapes, and breathtaking scenery.
Benefits of immigration to Australia
Immigration to Australia benefits both the immigrant as well as the country itself. In a mutually helpful system, immigrants benefit by getting access to a better lifestyle and greater earning potential in their home countries. Whereas the Australian economy benefits from the increased productivity brought in by skilled international workers. Following are the benefits of Australian immigration.
- Tremendous scope for advancing your career. Several job opportunities from the on-demand jobs list across industries.
- Experience the multicultural society, and those who opt for immigration to Australia from India can easily integrate.
- A stable economy in Australia with a low level of unemployment leads to more job security.
- There is a demographic shift in the age distribution of Australians which is leading to greater demand for skilled foreign workers from countries like India. This is indeed the best time to initiate your Australian immigration process.
- Australia encourages immigration and provides various options for skilled workers and tradespeople to migrate under various visa programs. You are almost certain to find one that matches your profile and your needs.
- The education system is one of the best in the world, right from elementary level to tertiary level, which means that no matter what the age of your children when you immigrate, you can be assured of the best quality education.
- Get access to the Medicare scheme and Pharmaceutical benefits scheme when you immigrate to Australia.
- You can apply for citizenship to Australia.
- Australia is the best choice for nature lovers. The scenery is breathtaking and the country is blessed with an abundant green cover as well as many pristine beaches.
Features of Australia Visa Program
- The visa program for Australia immigration process is a point-based system that selects candidates based on merit.
- You can enter Australia under any of the following visa categories
a. Visitor visas
b. Studying and training visas
c. Family and partner visas
d. Working and skilled visas
e. Refugee and humanitarian visas
f. Other visas
- You can enter Australia on a temporary visa such as the Student Visa or Tourist Visa and then apply to change your status to permanent provided you qualify for the same.
- If you plan to immigrate under a skilled workers visa, you can stay temporarily on a work visa or apply for permanent residence.
- You will be evaluated on many factors, which include your level of education, proficiency in English, education level of your spouse amongst others. These evaluations are conducted to ascertain whether you are employable and whether you can sustain yourself and your family when you arrive in the country.
- You are considered eligible for immigration if you score a minimum of 60 points in the evaluation.
Main categories for a Skilled Workers Visa
Following are the main categories for visa programs for skilled workers to immigrate to Australia.
Temporary Skills Shortage Visa – (Subclass 482)
The Temporary Skills Shortage visa allows skilled workers to immigrate to Australia to work in a skilled field of study. You need an employer to sponsor the visa, on your behalf and can apply from outside the country as well.
Eligibility criteria for Temporary Skills Shortage Visa to Australia
- At least three years of experience in the field relevant to the occupation you are applying for.
- No particular age requirement for this visa.
- A minimum score of band 5 in IELTS for all sections.
Skilled Employer-Sponsored (Subclass 494) -Immigration through Regional Nomination
(Note: Visa subclass 187 is Closed and replaced by Subclass 494 Skilled Employer-Sponsored (Regional).)
- Under this visa category, you can apply to immigrate to a specific region or province in Australia to work and settle with your family.
- Each state has its migration plan, which encourages individuals to apply and settle permanently in the state.
- Age limit of 45 years and a minimum of 3 years full-time experience in the occupation you secured a job in Australia is required to be eligible for 494 visa subclass.
- The provinces publish a list of occupations in demand. To be eligible for immigration through Skilled Employer-Sponsored, you need to secure a job from an employer in Australia from any in-demand positions.
Australia Temporary Graduate visa – (subclass 485)
If you have graduated from an Australian university, then the temporary graduate subclass 485 visa allows you to stay in Australia under this visa scheme and apply for permanent residence.
Eligibility criteria for Subclass 485 visa
- If you are planning to apply for the Temporary graduate subclass 485 visa, you will need to fulfill the following criteria.
- You need to be less than 50 years old at the time of making an application.
- You must have met the Australian study requirement in the past 6 months before you applied for this visa.
- You should have an eligible degree, diploma, or trade qualification in Australia.
- If you studied outside Australia, the education should meet the Australian study requirements (if you complete the course mentioned not less than 16 months while you are physically present in Australia).
- You will need to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by taking the IELTS or other relevant tests.
- You should pass the health and character test.
Other Visa Categories
Some of the other Visa categories for Australian immigration from India include
- Skilled independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Parent visa (subclass 103)
Eligibility criteria for Applying under the above categories
The eligibility criteria for applying for the above visa categories can include the following
- You should not be more than 45 years of age.
- You must have relevant work experience.
- You must be able to communicate in English at a basic level
- For certain categories, you will need to be sponsored by an employer or the province.
Parent visa (subclass 103)
Parents of permanent residents and Australian citizens can apply for a Parent visa (Subclass 103) for a permanent residence status. The visas are granted based on a case-by-case evaluation.
- The Australian parent visa allows the applicants to stay permanently in Australia and apply for citizenship if eligible.
- You must have a child who is a permanent resident of Australia, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You must not hold Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa while applying for this parent visa (Subclass 103)
Eligibility Criteria to receive Invitation to Apply for a visa:
- You should not be more than 50 years of age at the time of applying
- You will need to give the IELTS or related exam and obtain the minimum required score for the category for which you are applying
- You need to be of sound health and character
For a more detailed and customized list of eligibility criteria specific to your needs, you can walk in for a free consultation at any of our offices.
Submitting Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest letter needs to be submitted using the skill select tool in the official portal online only. Once EOI is complete it will be valid for 2 years. Meanwhile, if any skills or experience adds to your profile, you can update the skill select tool anytime.
To immigrate to Australia the first step is to research all your options and apply under the correct skill category. As there are many overlapping skill categories, the process can get confusing for the layperson. Global Tree Australia visa experts can help you select the right skill category.
Steps for submitting EOI:
- Our consultant will submit EOI on your behalf through the online Skill Select tool.
- You will receive confirmation of your application from the Australian immigration authority.
- If you qualify you will receive an Invitation to Apply from the Australian government.
- In case you do not qualify, the EOI will remain in the system for two years, during which you can improve your score by taking various measures and qualify for the same.
- Our Australian immigration consultants are equipped to ascertain your case and advise you on strategic steps to take in this scenario.
Applying for immigration to Australia can be tricky and confusing for the layperson, given the different available options. Our consultants can help you navigate the Australian immigration process and improve your chances for a successful migration.
Q). What is Australia’s immigration policy?
A). Australia follows a merit-based immigration policy that allows all individuals who can contribute effectively to the economic and social growth of the country to apply for living and working in Australia. It does not discriminate based on race or religion. To understand more about Australia’s friendly immigration policies reach out to us for a free consultation.
Q). What are the requirements to migrate to Australia?
A). You will generally need to be below 45 years of age, speak English reasonably well and have a diploma/degree. Each visa category will also have some requirements over and above these criteria. To understand the specific needs of the visa you are applying for, reach out to us for a free consultation session
Q). How many points do you need to immigrate to Australia?
A). You will need a minimum of 65 points to be eligible to receive an invitation to apply. However, having 65 points will not guarantee an ITA from the government. The higher the points you have, the better will be prospects. Get in touch with us for a free counseling session to understand how to improve your points score.