The Immigration authority for Canada, IRCC has provided the latest updated timelines for processing of visas during the current pandemic situation. The new update has shed light on the status of Canada visa processing times for its various immigration and non-immigration programs. This update is expected to provide more information about the operational capacity during the period of the pandemic.
According to the official website, of the IRCC, there may be delays in processing times for its immigration services on account of the situation due to the rising number of covid cases across the world. However, the IRCC is processing visa applications on priority for many special categories of people, including medical workers and family members of residents already in Canada.
Timelines for Processing of Canada Visa
The IRCC has provided a detailed breakdown of the latest visa processing times, as of 26th March 2021. The information given on the website is based on the processing times derived from 80 percent of applications. Applications, which are more complex, could possibly take a longer time, for reasons that can be specific to each individual application.
Processing Time for Canada PR Visa
According to the IRCC, the COVID-19 has led to a continuous backlog in the applications being processed, as such, there may be delays in the application. However, the department is taking up applications from those who apply for Canada PR Visa on a priority basis, and processing them as fast as possible, especially applications from the Canadian Experience Class stream, which were submitted about 10 months before. The department is processing new PR cards, for those who have been accepted for the PR visa, in around 125 days and the Renewals for PR in around 80 days on average.
Processing Time for General Canada Citizenship
The time for processing for Canadian citizenship application is as follows
1. The department is currently finalizing most of the applications that were submitted between the end of March and the beginning of April in the year 2019.
2. The IRCC is currently waiting to receive AOR sending letters for those Canada Citizenship applications that were received during the week of January 21, 2021
3. The processing time for Proof of Citizenship is around 5 months
Processing Time for Spouse Sponsorship and Dependent Visa
The time for processing for family sponsorship programs is as follows
1. The status for Canada Spouse and common-law partners visa as well as dependent children sponsorship is that the department is at the final stage for most applications that were received between the end of September and the first week of October 2019.
2. The processing status for Outland applications for the same is that the department is currently at the final status for applications that were received between the end of May and the beginning of June in the year 2019.
3. For parents, grandparents, and others the department has not provided any specific details but has asked people to check their online account
Processing Time for Temporary Work Visa
The status of processing timelines for various Work Permit visas is as follows.
1. For online applications of Work Permit visas, submitted outside Canada, which were submitted online, the current status is that the department is finalizing most of the applications which were received during the last week of September, the previous year
2. There is no specific information regarding the applications for work permit visas submitted on paper outside of Canada, and the applicants are advised to check their online account
3. For Work permit visa applications, that were submitted online from inside Canada, the department was finalizing, applications that were submitted during the second week of December in the previous year both online and on paper
Processing Time for Canada Student Visa
According to the IRCC, it is currently finalizing most of the study permit applications that were submitted during mid-December 2020 by the students who aspire to study in Canada. The applications included new study visas, extensions for existing visa holders as well as post-graduate work permit visas. According to the latest travel restrictions, study visa holders are allowed to enter Canada, only if they plan to study at a college or university that has a government-approved COVID-19 plan in place.
Processing Time for Canada Visitor Visa
Applicants who have applied for their ETA or Electronic Travel Authorisation will be able to check their status online. Applicants of Canada visitor Visa and Super Visa will be able to check their status online after signing in. Those who have applied on paper will need to link their application to an online account and then check the status of their application online.