Canada Visitor Visa
Any person, who wishes to visit Canada for a temporary stay probably for the purpose of study of a short term course, short term work assignment, visit relatives and family or for a vacation or holiday, will need to apply for and obtain a Canadian visitor visa before they can enter the country.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Unless exempted for any reason, all visitors must apply for, obtain and carry the visitor visa before appearing at the Port of Entry where Visa and other credentials will be verified.
2. The visitor visa can be for single or multiple entry purposes.
a. Single entry visas can be applied for up to six months from date of intended travel.
b. The validity period of a multiple entry visa cannot exceed 5 years or one month before the date of expiry on the applicant’s passport.
Eligibility Criteria for Visitor Visa
Any foreign national who is not a Permanent Resident of Canada and who wish to travel to the country can apply for Canadian visitor visa
Visitor Visa Application process
The application for a Canadian visitor visa is a process that involves the following steps
1. The person intending to visit Canada has to submit an application for visit visa to the concerned Canadian
embassy in the region where they reside.
a. The applicant may be required to attend an interview for visa where the purpose of visit is verified and his ability and willingness is determined to return to home country after the visa period.
b. The applicant’s ability to financially support himself during the duration of stay in Canada is also determined
before a visa is issued to the person
2. When all the details are verified and the visa officer is confident that the applicant has satisfied all criteria, then
the visit visa is issued and the person can enter Canada at any port of entry.
The following documents are required to apply for a Canada visit visa
1. A photocopy of passport page with identification details such as photo, name, address, date and place of birth.
2. The passport should contain at least one blank page apart from the last page for the issuance of the visa. If your
passport does not contain any blank pages then it is advisable to apply for a new passport booklet before applying
for Visitor visa..
3. Two photos should be submitted as per the visa specifications.
4. Proof of ability to support yourself financially and ITR’s to show the same.
5. Photocopy of marriage certificate if accompanied by your spouse.
6. Detailed purpose of travel.
7. Any additional documents as may be required by the concerned Visa office.
The expert counselors at Global Tree can help you with the guidance of the Visa process for Visitor Visa and provide best assistance for the paper work along with the right approach in obtaining the visitor visa Canada successfully.