Visa Subclass 489
489 Visa Australia Consultants in India
- The Visa Subclass 489 is a pathway to Australia immigration as you can apply for the skilled regional permanent visa subclass 887 with this visa
- The visa allows skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to four years. The 489 visa also allows members who enter under this visa to sponsor their families for entrance to Australia under the 489 family sponsored visa.
You can apply for the visa under any of the following pathways
- Invited Pathway –You will need to submit an Expression of Interest to apply through this pathway
- Extended Stay Pathway – This pathway is applicable for those who are already living in Australia. You will need to apply for a Skilled Regional (Provisional) Renewal (subclass 489) visa.
- Family Pathway – This pathway is applicable for family members of someone who already holds a visa subclass 489, 475, 487, 495 or 496 – Apply for a Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subsequent Entrant (visa subclass 489).
Visa Subclass 489 Selection Criteria
Selection for this visa for Australia immigration is made through a points based system, only those candidates who get a minimum threshold of points are invited to apply
- A candidate must score at least 60 points against points test factors to be eligible to be invited to apply for the 489 visa Australia.
- If invited to apply for the visa subclass 489 the candidate must achieve at least the score specified in his letter of invitation.
- This information tells you what you can be awarded points for. The evidence you need to provide is listed in the document checklist.
How the points are awarded:
Points are awarded on the basis of the factors listed in the following table. All factors are assessed as they are at the time you are invited to apply for the 489 visa Australia.
|2||English Language Ability|
|3||Skilled Employment in Australia|
|4||Skilled Employment outside Australia|
|5||Qualifications outside Australia|
|6||Qualifications inside Australia|
|7||Australia Study requirement|
|8||Specialist Education Qualification|
|9||Credentialed community language qualifications|
|10||Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area (excluding distance education)|
|11||Partner skill qualifications|
|12||Professional year in Australia for at least 12 months in the four years before the day you were invited to apply|
Requirements for Visa subclass 489
A candidate may be eligible to apply for 489 visas if invited. At the time of receipt of letter of invitation, He must also meet the following criteria
- A candidate applying for 489 visa should have been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area, a candidate applying for visa subclass 489 should be nominated for an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list.
- A candidate applying for 489 visa for a specific occupation should have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation.
- A candidate applying for visa subclass 489 should have achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test.
- A candidate applying for 489 visa should have at least competent level of English.
Extended Stay Pathway
A candidate can also apply for the visa subclass 489 if he holds a provisional visa in subclass 496, 495, 487 or 475.
Benefits of Visa Subclass 489 for Australia immigration
The visa subclass 489 allows you and your family to:
- Stay in Australia for up to four years.
- Live, work and study in a specified regional area of Australia.
- Travel in and out of Australia while the visa subclass 489 is valid.
The visa subclass 489 provides a pathway to permanent residence through the Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).
If you are invited to apply for 489 visas (in the Invited Pathway), you will have 60 days to do so. Invitations are based on claims you made in your expression of interest, so your application must be consistent with the information you provided in your expression of interest and it must be supported by evidence.
Q). Is the 489 visa a temporary visa?
A). Yes the 489 visa is a temporary visa. The visa allows the holder to live and work in Australia for a specified period of time. However the applicant can seek to extend the visa after stipulated period is over and even apply for permanent residence afterwards. Reach out to our immigration consultants for more details about the same
Q). What is the eligibility for 489 visa?
A). The 489 visa is a state nominated visa and you must receive nomination from a state in order to apply for this visa. for a general list of conditions please refer to the article above. You can contact our immigration experts for any queries you may have
Q). How can I get a state to nominate me for 489 visa?
A). You will need to file an Expression of Interest with the state you prefer to settle in and wait for their response. If successful you will be issued an ITA or Invitation to Apply, using which you can apply for state nomination through 489 visa. for more details about applying for 489 visa get in touch with our expert Australia immigration consultants