Dependent Visa Canada
Spouse visa Canada
The Spouse visa Canada is one of the ways in which the Canadian government shows its commitment to keeping immigrant families together. The spouse visas Canada along with the Dependent Visa Canada allow citizens and permanent residents of Canada, who are above the age of majority, i.e. 18 years to sponsor dependent family members which includes, spouse, children, parents, grandparents, and common law partners.
The Spouse Visa Canada, allows Canada PR visa holders and citizens to sponsor their spouse or a common-law partner who is currently residing outside of Canada to apply to live in Canada. For the purpose of this visa, the Canadian government defines spousal arrangements in the following ways
1. A spouse is a person whom you have legally married as per your religious customs and have registered your marriage with the civic authorities in your city
2. A Common-Law Partner is a person with whom you have had a conjugal relationship for at least one year on a continuous basis, with exceptions being granted for short trips for family or business purposes. You should be able to prove that are living together in the same house.
3. A conjugal partner is one with whom you have common-law relationship, but have not been together for a period of one year or one who are not able to marry due to prevailing laws in your native country.
Documents Required For Canada Dependent Visa for Spouse
In order to apply for the Spouse Visa Canada, you will need to provide the following
1. You will need to provide a certificate of marriage from the city, province or territory in which your marriage was solemnized. In case your marriage took place outside Canada, your marriage should be considered as legally valid as per Canadian law.
2. You should be able to demonstrate that you intend to live together in Canada when your spouse is granted a permanent resident status and should be willing to sign an agreement that both the applicant and the sponsoring spouse understand their mutual responsibilities in the case.
3. You will need to sign an undertaking that you are committed to providing for the basic needs of your spouse.
4. You will need to prove that your relationship with your spouse or common-law partner is bonafide and that they are intending to live in Canada to be with you and not for the purpose of working in Canada. Some of the ways in which you can show the geniuses of your relationship are
a. Proof of communication between both of you – texts, phone calls, emails
b. Photographs of outings as a family
c. A joint bank account used for paying monthly expenses
Additional Conditions for Spouse Visa Canada
The Canadian government has imposed the following additional conditions on the persons applying for a Canada dependent visa for spouse
1. A person who has already entered the country on being sponsored by one spouse has to wait for a period of 5 years from the date of entry to sponsor someone else as your spouse. This condition is kept in place to ensure that some people do not commit marriage fraud in order to become Canadian residents.
Dependent Visa Canada – Eligibility & Features
The Canadian government allows you to sponsor members of your immediate family, who are dependent on you to come and live with you in the country, provided that you are willing to sponsored their expenses. You can sponsor your children, parents, grandparents and spouse under this scheme, however the spousal visa scheme is a sub -section of this visa scheme and has been discussed in detail above.
How to Apply For Dependent Visa Canada & its Requirements?
In order to sponsor your family member through Dependent Visa for Canada you will need to provide the following
1. Documented proof of your financial status and cash flow for the previous 12 months to show that you are financially sound and capable of supporting your family members.
2. If you are sponsoring your child for a Canadian Dependent Visa then he or she,
- Must be below 22 years of age
- Must be able to prove that they are indeed financially dependent on you
- If your child is unable for any reason, either physical or mental, to earn his own money then you can sponsor him after providing sufficient proof of the same
- The child should be your biological child or adopted child
3. You will need to provide a birth certificate or adoption certificate to show the proof of your relationship
4. The child will need to undergo a medical and criminal test and may be prevented from entering the country if they have been found to have a criminal record or medical ailment that is likely to be contagious or cause an epidemic.
Who Can Be Sponsored Through Dependent Visa Canada?
You can sponsor the following categories of relatives under the dependent visa for Canada
1. Your spouse or common law partner
2. Your biological or adopted children or children you intend to adopt
3. Your siblings
4. The children of your siblings
5. Your grandparents or your grand children (provided they are orphans)
The case officers at Global Tree will advice you on the basis of your profile about the eligibility of applying to sponsor a family member for dependent visa as well as the procedure for the same
Q). Can I sponsor my nephew for dependent visa to Canada?
A). Yes, you can sponsor your nephew or niece, for dependent visa Canada. However, as the name suggests you will have to prove that he is dependent on you financially. If you are able to prove that your nephew is an orphan or that his parents are incapable of supporting him, then you can apply to sponsor your nephew
Q). What is the difference between Parents and Grandparents Program and Canada super visa?
A). The Parents and Grandparents program has a stricter process and takes a longer time. However, it provides permanent resident status to the applicant. The Canada super visa on the other hand takes very little time to process, but is valid for only 2 years at a time, renewable up to 10 years