Canada PNP Programs
PNP Canada Immigration Consultants
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is one of the most effective ways for immigration to Canada. According to the Canadian immigration website, the provinces in Canada are welcoming increasing number of migrants under the provincial nomination scheme. In 2017, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has raised its target for immigrants to be accepted through the Provincial Nominee Program to 51,000, thus establishing Canada as a nation with open borders and immigrant friendly.
What is the Canada PNP Program?
The Canada PNP program or the Provincial Nominee Program enables aspirants who wish to apply for immigration to Canada and settle in specific province, to apply for and get nominations from the province itself. It is an option that accelerates the immigration process for deserving and interested applicants… All provinces in Canada, except Quebec have their own uniquely formulated and state-run Provincial Nominee Program. The provinces have their own unique set of rules and eligibility conditions which help to identify immigrants who can successfully settle in the province. The provinces and territories utilize the Canada PNP program to effectively and efficiently cover the shortage in their labor force, which is caused by a higher percentage of retirees in the demographics of the country.
Base PNP – Canada immigration
The Base PNP – Canada immigration enables provinces to nominate candidates who do not satisfy eligibility criteria for Express Entry Program (EEP). The base PNP is an alternate avenue for immigration to Canada. The applicant in this case has to just satisfy the eligibility conditions of the respective province and he will be eligible for immigration to Canada. However, the candidate who desires to immigrate to Canada through the base Provincial Nomination Scheme has to undergo a two-step process
1. He will need to satisfy the criteria for the respective Canada PNP program and apply for it to get a nomination certificate
2. On receiving the nomination certificate, he will need to apply to the federal government The federal government will then check his application from various points of view including finance, health, medical background and will grant Canada PR visa if everything is satisfactory
Enhanced PNP – Canada immigration
The enhanced PNP – Canada immigration connects the PNP with the federal Express Entry Program. It is open to individuals who satisfy eligibility criteria for immigration to Canada under the federal Express Entry Program, These candidates have to follow the steps as outlined below
1. Apply for Express Entry and enter the Express Entry pool
2. Apply for and successfully obtain the PNP nomination from their chosen province
3. On receiving nomination the candidates receive 600 additional points out of 1200 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System.
4. These bonus points, will almost certainly cause the candidate to be selected in the next Canada Express Entry draw.
5. Applicants who can be eligible for immigration under the Canada Express Entry Scheme as well as those who are not eligible for Express Entry Program can apply for Canada immigration through the Provincial Nominee Program.
What are the eligibility criteria for immigration under Provincial Nominee Program?
Each Province and territory in Canada has laid out its own unique set of rules and eligibility criteria for Provincial nomination. The provisions for immigration through the PNP program are generally made for three different types of immigrants
1. Applicants who have a valid job offer in the province, with an employer who is willing to sponsor them
2. Applicants who are looking for a job in the province, and
3. Applicants who are self-employed.
There are a number of programs under the PNP in Canada which are region specific to unique sets of rules and guidelines: A certified Canadian immigration consultants can help you with the details of each program
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
- Newfoundland Provincial Nominee Program
- North West Territories Provincial Nominee Program
- Yukon Provincial Nominee Program
Global Tree’s team of certified Canadian immigration consultants can guide you through your PNP process.
Q). How is the Canada PNP program different from Express Entry?
A). The Canada PNP program is intended for candidates who are sure of the province in which they wish to settle. Once you are sure of the province where you want to settle you can apply for PNP program for that province. Moreover successfully getting nomination can add 600 points to your Express Entry CRS score. For more information refer to article above or get in touch with our consultants
Q). How long does Canada PNP process take?
A). The time taken for Canada PNP process will depend on your individual profile and the province you are applying to. Some provinces have longer wait times than others. For a detailed look at your prospects as well as timelines for immigration, get in touch with our expert consultants
Q). How much does it cost to apply for Canada PNP?
A). Each province has its own set of charges and fees as well as other incidental costs may be involved for health and character checks. To get a better idea of how much the process of application for PNP will cost reach out to us for a free one time consultation