Complete Guide to Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
What is the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
- The Saskatchewan PNP is primarily intended for international individuals who wish to settle in the province.
- The program which is run by the provincial government, nominates selected candidates to the federal Canadian government, for permanent residency through the Express Entry program
Categories for Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
The Saskatchewan immigrant nominee program has the following the sub categories under which an individual can apply.
International Skilled Worker
International skilled workers who meet the criteria can apply for being nominated through this category in order to live and work in the province of Saskatchewan. The international skilled worker category is further divided into the following sub categories
International Skilled Worker: Employment Offer
This sub-category is intended for you if you have a current and valid job offer for a skilled occupation in the province and, you meet all the eligibility requirements for the sub-category as outlined in eligibility requirements given further ahead for this category
[Read More: Is it Worth Migrating to Work in Canada?]
International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand
This sub-category is for you if you are skilled worker who does not have an existing job offer in Saskatchewan but are highly-skilled in an occupation that is currently facing a labor shortage or in other words is in-demand in the province, and you meet all the eligibility requirements of the sub category
Saskatchewan PNP Work Experience Application – SINP
This category is for you if you are currently living and working in Saskatchewan on a valid work permit and is interested in applying for permanent residency in Canada through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program. You can apply under the following sub categories as per your case. For more details about each sub-category and applicable rules reach out to our Canadian immigration experts.
- Skilled Worker with Existing Work Permit
- Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit
- Health Professionals
- Hospitality Sector
- Long-Haul Truck Driver Project
You are eligible to apply for the entrepreneur Category if you are interested in starting a new business or purchasing an existing business in the province and have the necessary funds and experience to do so. You will need to submit an Expression of Interest to the Saskatchewan PNP to be eligible for applying under this stream.
Farm Owner and Operator Application – SINP
This category is for you if you have experience in farming and have enough capital in the form of money or assets for investment in a farming operation and plan to buy and manage a farm in the province.
Farm Owners and Operators – Young Farmer Stream
The Young Farmer stream is a sub-category of the farming stream and was created with a view to allow farming families to establish their lives in the rural areas of Saskatchewan.
Eligibility Requirements for SINP
The following eligibility conditions should be met based on the category under which you plan to apply
Eligibility Criteria for SINP- International Skilled Worker Worker - Employment offer
- you should be residing outside Canada or in Canada on a legal visa and should not be a refugee.
- You should have scored at least 60 points out of 100 on the Saskatchewan PNP assessment grid.
- You should have a minimum of one-year of work experience in the preceding ten years in your selected occupation.
- You should have scored CLB 4 or higher in English and/or French.
- You should be able to prove your eligibility for license of practice in Saskatchewan, if your occupation is in a compulsory apprenticeship trade or regulated profession.
- You should have a valid offer from an employer in Saskatchewan for permanent, full-time employment,
- a.You will need to furnish a valid SINP Job Approval Letter for this purpose.
Eligibility Criteria for SINP-International Skilled Worker-Occupation in Demand
- You must be residing outside Canada or in Canada on a visa and should not be a refugee.
- You should score at least 60 points out of 100 on the Saskatchewan point assessment grid.
- You should score at level 4 or higher in the CLB for English and/or French.
- You should have an education level that is equal to or higher than post-secondary education or an apprenticeship that’s equivalent to the Canadian education system with duration of at least one year and should have earned a diploma, degree or certificate after completion of your course.
- You should have the stipulated minimum experience in the past 10 years as outlined for your trade or profession. Our expert immigration consultants can help you determine the minimum experience required for your case.
- You will need to provide proof of license or Professional membership if applicable for your occupation or trade if asked by the SINP.
- You should show proof of funds as well as a plan for settlement in the province.
[Read More: Saskatchewan Expression Of Interest Pool Dates]
Eligibility Criteria for SINP - Farming Stream
- You should have experience in farming and be willing to invest time and money to set up a farm in the province.
- you will need to Show proof of having a net worth of 500,000 CAD and sign a Performance Agreement that shows your commitment to purchase and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.
- you will have to make a deposit of 75,000 CAD, which will be returned to you once you meet the terms laid down in the Performance Agreement.
- You will have to visit the province for a period not less than five days to make comprehensive exploratory visit during which you will need to meet with a representative of the SINP.
- You will have to provide documented proof to demonstrate that you have experience in operating a farm.
Eligibility Criteria for SINP - Young Farmers Stream
- You will need to have a minimum proven net worth of 300,000 CAD) that has been accumulated through legal means.
- You should not be more than 40 years old at the time of application.
- You should have a minimum of three years of experience in farm ownership or management or at least practical experience of farming.
- You will need to provide a documented proposal for running a commercial Saskatchewan farm which is based on research and consultations.
- You and your spouse should possess skills that are employable and that can help you supplement your income from farming.
Application Process for SINP
- Make sure that you have met all the eligibility criteria for the stream that you plan to apply
- Once you have confirmed that you are eligible for SINP, then you should submit your application for Expression of Interest to the Saskatchewan government through its e-filing portal
- Once your application is processed and you receive an ITA from the province, you should proceed to making an application for nomination from the province
- On receiving the nomination from the provincial Government you can apply for permanent residency through IRCC
To know more about immigration to Saskatchewan you can get in touch with our expert immigration consultants.
Frequently Asked Questions by Professionals Migrate to Canada.
You will need to apply through an online portal on the government of Saskatchewan website. You will be assessed on a point’s grid and will need 60 out of 100 points to apply. Our immigration consultants will guide you through the process
The time taken for processing your SINP nomination will depend on the category you are applying for as well as your personal profile. For a more detailed understanding of the time for your case you can reach out to our immigration experts for Canada.