Nova Scotia Nominee Program
Nova Scotia PNP (NSNP)
Nova Scotia PNP – Nova Scotia is considered to be one of the most beautiful provinces in Canada. It is Located in the Maritimes region and is made up of the Nova Scotia peninsula, Cape Breton Island, and many other islands. Economic activity in Nova Scotia is mainly focused around the capital city of Halifax which has more than 400,000 people living in its vicinity. The city boasts of some of the top ranked universities and in the country.
The province of Nova Scotia, like the other provinces of Canada has its own provincial nominee program for individuals who show their preference for settling in the province and who are able to prove that they will be contribute to the economic and social welfare of the province. The Nova Scotia Provincial nominee program or NSNP, is for many aspects similar to the Express Entry program run by the federal government of Canada.
The program welcomes international workers who satisfy the following conditions to apply,
- They possess the requisite skills, experience and education that would make it possible to contribute to the economic growth of the province.
- They are able to show with sufficient proof that they would prefer to settle in the province, and,
- They are interested in becoming permanent residents of Canada.
The Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee program has the following categories for interested persons.
Nova Scotia PNP Demand: Express Entry
The Nova Scotia Immigration Express Entry Demand stream is the newest PNP scheme for Nova Scotia and came into effect on January 1, 2015. The stream is designed specifically keeping highly skilled individuals in view, who have completed a post-secondary education or higher qualifications. The stream is based on the Express Entry immigration selection system. A candidate needs to score minimum 67/100 points on a weighted point rating to qualify for the Nova Scotia Express Entry PNP stream. The factors which are awarded points are education, work experience, Proficiency in English and/or French, age, career prospects and adaptability. The candidate who is interested in applying for NSNP under this stream should have minimum one year of full-time work experience in the past five years in any of the occupations that are determined by the Nova Scotia government as having a labor shortage
Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
The Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream allows candidates who have already applied for the federal Express Entry system and who fulfill the provincial labour market requirements, to apply for provincial nomination in Nova Scotia. candidates need to receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration before they can apply. Additionally, the candidate has to satisfy the following criteria.
- You must have the minimum work experience that is required for the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified
- You must show proof of having sufficient funds to establish and maintain yourself and any family members in Nova Scotia
- You will need to have a legal status in the country where you are residing currently
- And maintain the eligibility criteria that were relevant at the time of receiving the letter of interest from the province.
Skilled Worker Stream
The Nova Scotia Skilled Worker stream aims to help employers in the province hire skilled international workers in sectors that are facing a shortage of the relevant skills. The stream is divided into the following sub categories.
This category is intended for Skilled Workers who have an experience in an occupation listed under NOC Level 0, A, or B. The provincial government accords the highest priority to the individuals applying under this category.
This category is intended for international workers who have experience working the fields listed in NOC Level C occupations. The applicant should meet all eligibility criteria and must have worked for minimum period of six months with an employer in Nova Scotia.
This category is for workers who have experience in NOC Level D of the listed occupations. The candidate should have a minimum work experience of six months with an employer in Nova Scotia as well as meet all other eligibility requirements.
Entrepreneur stream for Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Scheme
The Entrepreneur Stream for NSNP is specifically targeted towards experienced business owners who wish to start a new business or buy a significant stake in an existing one in the province. The business applicant should participate in the day-to-day management of the business and can be nominated for permanent residence after living in Canada for year. The entrepreneurs applying under this stream need to fulfill the following conditions.
- You should be 21 years of age or more
- You must have an intention to live permanently in Nova Scotia and own and/or manage a business in the province
- You will need to have a minimum net worth of 600,000 CAD
- You should be able to invest minimum 150,000 CAD of your personal funds in a business.
- You will need to have at least 3 years of experience in owning and managing a business.
- You have to score at least 5 on the CLB for speaking, listening, reading and writing in English or French;
Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry for NSNP
The Nova Scotia Experience stream aims to select highly skilled international workers who intend to live in the province permanently. Applicants have to satisfy the following criteria.
- The applicant should have minimum of one year of experience in working in the province in a high skilled occupation.
- The applicant’s age should be between 21 and 55 years.
- Should have a high school education in Canada or equivalent from any other country
- Should prove ability to converse in English and/or French by meeting the relevant language criteria.
To know more about immigration to Canada through the NSNP get in touch with our Canada immigration experts
Q). How long will it take to process Nova Scotia PNP?
A). The Nova Scotia PNP application can vary based on the specific stream that you are applying for. We request that you contact the immigration expert to know more about the time frame for your individual case.
Q). Can I bring my family with me to Canada if accepted under the NSNP?
A). Yes, you will be able to bring your family with you if you are accepted for Canada Express Entry through the Nova Scotia Provincial nominee program